Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I am only as good as my efforts!

My dad used to have a saying "Get up off your dead ass and onto your dying feet" that he must have said to me a thousand times growing up. Now I know why! I was being lazy, period. Everytime I said "I will" or "In a minute" or any other phrase I could think of when told to do something, what he heard (and was usually the truth) was, "I will forget, get side tracked, involved in something more interesting and it won't get done". Later on however, I would be pleasantly reminded by his "Do it now leather belt". Well, that was great then, but I grew up and had nobody there to "Spank me straight" any longer. So for the last 25 years of my life, I have plugged away at great intentions and ideas, started a business and never grew, wasted a lot of money investing in ideas that I never took the time to actually follow through with and now here I am again.

My wife and I have ventured into a new idea of starting an eCommerce business. Yes, I have already acted prematurely and hosted a website before it was actually ready for the world. I have already caught myself "doing other things" instead of what I should be doing to make this a success. Well, last night after getting frustrated with myself and going to bed, I lay there staring at the ceiling (which I actually couldn't see in the dark, but knew it was there) and about 5 million thoughts ran through my head. Then this morning while driving into work I heard the Miranda Lambert song "Automatic" on the radio and a certain lyric just jumped out of my radio and smacked me in the face. Quote: "Cause when everything is handed to you, it's only worth as much as the time put in", end quote. I have finally realize that NEVER in my life have I give anywhere near 100% to any idea or venture that I pursued. I was great at getting it started, up and running per say, but then I was done. I just assumed that once I started it in motion, it would just take off on auto pilot and do the rest while I sat at home and collected the profits. Man have I been wrong!

That brings me to where I am today, right this very moment as I sit here in my office chair and start this blog. Today I realize that I am sick and tired of being a starter and never being a finisher. I am reading blog after blog and post after post, everywhere I can find on in my Google Searches about how to do it right for a change.


  • I want your feedback
  • I want your criticism
  • I want your advice
  • I want to hear your success story and how you overcame
  • I want to hear your confessions and know that I am not the only one in this boat
  • I want to see my wife and I succeed at this - TOGETHER
  • I want you to share links in the comment box to storys that may help me


Jump in and follow us on our new journey, see how we do, see if I can actually practice what I preach, give me ideas on how to do better or just follow along and pray with me as I try my darndest to overcome my lifelong setback and I hope that in the end, I will have been a great leader for you.

Here goes nothing!

If you want to follow our page and see how it goes here is the address: www.braidedhorse.com

No comments:

Post a Comment